Resetting your password
You can reset your password at any time by performing the following steps:
- Disconnect all mobile devices from the wireless network and "forget" the network
- Logout of all applications including Citrix sessions
- Login to Nuaccess at https://identity.newcastle.edu.au using your existing Username and password
- Follow the prompts to change your password and answer authentication questions
- Optionally, reset your HROnline password by clicking on the relevant tab
- After changing your password, logout of NUaccess and restart your computer
- Update all locations where your password may be stored eg. iPhone, home PC, email client.See Passwords for other devices for further information.
Passwords entered into NUaccess must conform to “strength rules” that help make your password more secure (i.e., a mix of upper and lower case letters, plus numbers and special characters).
These rules will be familiar to most online users, and are on the password creation prompt screen.
If your password does not satisfy the security requirements, you will see a ‘Policy Violation’ error.