To access services provided through the Disability Support Service, students must register. All information provided to the Disability Support staff remains confidential.
How to register
You will need to make an appointment to meet with the Disability Liaison Officer or a Disability Advisor to discuss your specific needs and make appropriate arrangements to have services/adjustments put in place. If it is not possible to make an appointment to meet with the Disability Officer or Advisor, please make contact via phone or email to make other arrangements.
It is important that specific arrangements are made in a timely manner. Some services can take up to 3 or 4 weeks to implement, so to ensure that Disability Support Staff can make the necessary arrangements, please make contact with the office with adequate notice.
Please Note: You will need to fill out the Disability Support Service Registration Form and return it to the Disability Service office before an appointment is made.
To register you are required to supply supporting documentation from an appropriate health care professional as outlined in the Students With a Disability: Provision of Supporting Documentation Policy and Information for Health Care Professionals. Adjustments will not be provided without supporting documentation.
- Fill out a registration form and return to Disability Service. A Disability Advisor will contact you with an appointment time.
- Documentation: Bring supporting documentation from your doctor or specialist consistent with the Documentation Policy to your appointment.
- Personal Details: Current address (term and home), phone numbers, date of birth etc. Please bring your student card.
- Enrolment Details: Program, courses, course coordinators, days and times of lectures or tutorials if relevant.
- Support Needs: Prior to the appointment think about what support you may need or what support you have received previously at other educational institutions that assisted you with your study.