Motor Vehicle Insurance
Fully comprehensive cover, including compulsory third party insurance, is provided on all vehicles owned and operated by the University.
Any person authorised to drive a University-owned vehicle must be the holder of a current drivers licence acceptable in the State of New South Wales. The NSW Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) provide licensing information for overseas drivers.
The Comprehensive policy covers damage arising out of an accident anywhere in Australia.
In the Event of an Accident
- Ensure that assistance is given to any person who may be injured or is in need of help
- Stop and exchange name and address with the other party involved (if possible sight third parties driver's licence)
- Record registration number and make of other vehicle
- Ensure that the exact location of the accident is noted, together with times and conditions of road (eg slippery - following heavy rain or any visible road marks, scrapes etc)
- Record names and addresses of as many witnesses as possible at the scene of the accident
- Report accident to Police if required to do so by State Motor Traffic Law or By-Law
- At first available opportunity contact Vero on 1800 222 043 and lodge claim over the phone. Quoting Policy Number MSL016751021.
Please note: DO NOT ADMIT ANY LIABILITY. Discussions concerning negligence of either party involved in the accident must not be entered into.
Accident where the University's Vehicle is not Driveable
If it is necessary to have the vehicle towed from the scene, because of the damage or a suspicion that the vehicle is unsafe or defective, it will usually be towed to a holding yard or smash repairer.
Details of where the vehicle is to be taken together with a contact name should be obtained.
Accident where the University's Vehicle is still Driveable after the Incident
It is not recommended that the vehicle be driven after the accident unless the driver is confident it is safe and roadworthy with no obvious defects.
How to Report an Accident or Damage
In order to have a vehicle repaired please call VERO, the University's motor vehicle insurance company, on 1800 222 043 and lodge the claim over the phone. QuotingPolicy Number MSL016751021.
Claims forms are no longer required.
Please ensure you provide as much information as possible to ensure a timely and efficient repair.
Vero will advise of the procedure to follow and repairers that can be used.
Repairs must be completed within 6 months of the date of incident. If outside the 6 months, then the costs will be considered to be part of the maintenance of the vehicle and not covered by insurance.
Prior to the driver taking delivery of the vehicle, the driver should inspect the vehicle and sign a discharge acknowledging that the repairs have been completed satisfactorily.