International Student Barometer (ISB)
What is the ISB?
The International Student Barometer is an online survey that invites international students studying onshore to provide feedback on their university experience. The survey is independently administered worldwide by the International Graduate Insight Group (i-graduate).
Your Feedback in the 2010 ISB Survey
In 2010 over 1300 international students from The University of Newcastle took part. A big thank you to you all for taking the time to complete this valuable survey.
Here are some of the things you told us about your experiences in 2010 and some of the ways we are working to improve your experience at the University of Newcastle.
Some of the things you liked about the University of Newcastle:
- The learning environment
- The calmness of the city
- The low cost of living
- Newcastle's proximity to Sydney
- Knowledgeable staff
- The welcome and orientation at the commencement of the semester
- The Banking services
- The Library
Your suggestions for improvements included:
- A more integrated transport system to the University and its surrounding areas
- More opportunities to interact with the general community
- More visible advocacy by the University with regard to the transport system and travel concessions
- More support for students to deal with outside agencies such as real estate agents
- Activities to further enhance cultural awareness of the staff and students
- Better access to culturally appropriate and affordable eating places on campus
Some of the things we are doing to address your suggestions:
- Orientation for all
- Wider community involvement
- Improving overall teaching and learning experience
- Additional supports when applying for housing etc
- Promotion of cultural events
- University advocacy in obtaining transport concessions etc.
If you have any questions about the International Student Barometer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org