We've redesigned the staff directory search page to include quick access to frequently used information, like key contacts in each area. Some of the changes include:
- More intuitive search box. With a new slide-out 'advanced options' link, you can quickly filter your search results by Faculty/Division, School/Unit or Position Title to find who you're looking for faster.
- Quick tabs for frequent contacts. Click on a tab for links off to the staff listings for various areas of the University, including Faculties, Schools, Divisions, units and research centres. Some of these listings are generated directly by the staff directory, while others are manually maintained by their specific area. If we've missed a useful listing from any specific area, please let us know.
The right results up-front
Our redesigned search results listing gives you only the important information you need, so you can find who you're looking for fast. The new design shows you:
- The search box with your search term
- How many results your search returned
- Staff member's name. Click on a staff member's name to view their full record (see below), or hover to see a quick email link.
- Direct, easy-to-see link to a staff member's profile (if one exists).
- Position details - what they do and what area they work in, to help you find the right person first time.
Individual staff records
We've redesigned the format of staff records to present essential information in a clean, easy-to-read format. When you click on a staff member's record, you'll now see:
- All their contact details, including phone, fax and email.
- A direct link off to their full staff profile if one exists. No staff profile on your record? Find out how to add your profile link to the directory.
- A link to download the vCard for a staff member. You can find out more about vCards on our help page.
What else are we working on?
To further improve the staff directory, we have a few other enhancements on the way. Keep an eye out for:
- New area-specific listings for use on sub-sites
- Updated A-Z Staff index
If you have any suggestions for how to make the staff directory even better, we'd love to hear them!