Dr Janet Dzator
|Work Phone||(02) 4921 5074|
|Fax||(02) 4921 6911|
Newcastle Business School
The University of Newcastle, Australia
|Office||SRS245, Social Sciences|
Janet Dzator currently teaches macroeconomics and microeconomics at the University of Newcastle School of Policy. Previously Janet was a research fellow at the Social and Public Health Economics Research (SPHERe) unit at the Curtin University of Technology. While at Curtin, Janet was also a member of the West Australian Drug Evaluation Panel (WADEP) a subgroup of the West Australian Drug and Therapeutic Committee (WADTC). The WADEP reviews the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of new formularies for listing and use in WA. She has published in a number of peer reviewed international journals including Social Science and Medicine, Social Indicators Research and Economic Analysis and Policy and in local media such as The West Australian. Her work covered issues including health care financing and consumer behaviour, economic evaluation, resource allocation and equity.
- PhD (Economics), University of Queensland, 2001
- Master of Philosophy, University of Ghana, 1995
- Bachelor of Science (Agriculture), University of Ghana, 1990
- Applied economics
- Policy evaluation
- Resource allocation
Have expertise in economic policy analyses and their impact on health and poverty. Specific expertice include econometric modelling; macroeconomic policy analyses, economic evaluation; health policy analyses including health care financing, health care seeking behaviour, priority setting in health; pharmacoeconomics, poverty and economic development studies.
Fields of Research
|159900||Other Commerce, Management, Tourism And Services||70|
|150399||Business And Management Not Elsewhere Classified||30|
Centres and Groups
Body relevant to professional practice.
- Manuscript reviewer - Social Science & Medicine
- Invited Speaker - Second Annual Health Insurance Summit (2003), International Business Conference Proceedings, Sydney
Committee/Associations (relevant to research).
- Member - International Health Economics Association
- Member - Australian Health Economic Society
- Invited Speaker - School of Population Health, Health Systems Division, University of Queensland (2001)
National & International Standards Committees.
- Panel member (Health Economic Advisor), 2002-2003 - West Australian Drug Evaluation Panel (WADEP) of the West Australian Drug & Therapeutic Committee, 2002 to 2003
Have extensive expertise in administering field research programs in developing countries. Current member of School Curriculum and Teaching Committee and a member of Faculty Board. Coordinate between 2 to 5 teaching staff in some of the courses I teach as well as coordinate the teaching of staff on external campuses.
Have teaching expertise in macroeconomics, microeconomics, econometrics, health economics, agricultural economics and economic evaluation.