Dr Lisa Barnes
|Work Phone||(02) 4348 4157|
|Fax||(02) 4348 4101|
Newcastle Business School
The University of Newcastle, Australia
|Office||BO1.23, Business Offices|
- PhD (Business Administration), University of Newcastle, 2007
- Graduate Diploma of Practice Managment, University of New England
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Sydney
- Graduate Certificate (Practice-Tertiary Teaching), University of Newcastle, 2005
- Master of Business Administration, University of Newcastle, 1999
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, University of Newcastle, 1997
My Doctorate was on corporate governance with reference to small to medium enterprises. I have applied for an early career grant in corporate governance specifically director independence in the top 1,000 listed Australian companies.
Fields of Research
|150299||Banking, Finance And Investment Not Elsewhere Classified||75|
|150100||Accounting, Auditing And Accountability||20|
|159999||Commerce, Management, Tourism And Services Not Elsewhere Classified||5|
I was Deputy Head of the Central Coast School of Business for six months in 2005, have been a member of the academic senate, the school and faculty committees. I have also been a member of the IT committee, the OSPRO committee and am currently the student academic conduct officer for the faculty on the Central Coast.
I have taught at TAFE, Colleges, and University. I have taugh face to face, online, in Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur. My subjects are mainly accounting subjects with a specific interest in corporate governance and accountability.