Architectural Drafter / Technician / Technologist / Building Designer» search for more Jobs
Architectural drafters convert ideas and concepts into readable drawings, plans and 3Dimensional images that are scale appropriate, abide by local building codes and conform to drawing conventions. Architectural drafters are also involved in liaising with contactors and builders.
Architectural drafters may perform the following tasks:
- Obtain and assemble data to complete architectural designs
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data supplied by architects and other professionals.
- Determine procedures and instructions to be followed, according to design specifications and quantity of required materials.
- Analyse technical implications of architect's design concept, calculating quantity of material, volumes, and labour costs.
- Prepare drawings of landscape, exterior and interior designs for presentation to client.
- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's supervision.
- Build landscape, architectural and display models.
- Analyse building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs.