Artist-in-residence» search for more Jobs
Artist in residence positions are available for professional artists from all disciplines in a wide range of settings including schools, rural and remote communities, government organisations and facilities (such as botanic gardens, national parks, research facilities), local councils, galleries and scientific project sites. Each residency will have a program which will entail eligibility, length of residency, conditions and role statements. Some of these might include:
- Level of experience as an artist (beginning or emerging, experienced)
- Particular art making mediums and subjects
- Conducting art classes, demonstrations or workshop sessions
- Producing a set body of art work by the completion that is acquired by the funding organisation
- Exhibition/s and publication of artworks produced
Conditions will vary but may include full living and studio accommodation, access to sites not generally available to the public and a salary.