Building Services Engineer» search for more Jobs
Building services engineers are responsible for optimising the safety and environmental soundness of buildings and their components. They develop strategies for the cost-effective and sustainable use of energy in materials and equipment. They focus on the maintenance of human comfort and safety through the control of equipment involved in heating, lighting, fire protection, sanitation, electrical distribution, and water supply.
Building services engineers may specialise in one of several areas, including:
- Security systems, CCTV surveillance, and alarms.
- Heating, refrigeration, and insulation.
- Air conditioning and ventilation.
- Fire services and smoke control systems.
- Electrical distribution, switch board design, and sustainable energy management.
- Vertical transport systems, escalators, and hydraulics.
- Water drainage, sewerage, and pipework design.