Help Desk Analyst» search for more Jobs
A help desk analyst primarily uses their highly developed computer and people skills in an IT support position. People in helpdesk analyst jobs are expected to have in-depth knowledge on a product's features and suggest viable solutions for common problems. Most helpdesk analyst jobs are senior positions to which support staff can be promoted.
Some typical tasks undertaken by help desk analysts include:
- Maintaining a log of service requests, complaints, and inquiries using digital ticketing platforms
- Assisting customers with their hardware and software purchases
- Routing troubleshooting and service requests to the right departments as needed
- Assisting in research efforts and report generation regarding customer satisfaction levels
- Managing a team of help support personnel and regularly evaluating their performance
Like other IT services jobs, helpdesk analyst positions often involve additional work besides the core duties such as general administration.