Home Economist» search for more Jobs
Home economists teach, inform and advise government, industry and the community, in order to assist individuals to make better lifestyle choices.
Home economists may perform the following tasks:
- educate the community about aspects of everyday living such as family and interpersonal relationships, food and nutrition and leading balanced lifestyles
- teach independent living skills to school students, disabled or disadvantaged people
- assist people to take control of their health, develop healthy behaviours and make informed consumer decisions
- design, evaluate and promote products and services such as foods, household appliances or services for everyday living
- design and plan nutritious meals and assist people to prepare them