Interior Designer» search for more Jobs
Interior designers design, develop and construct any interior space to ensure functional, safe and aesthetically pleasing environments for the building user. Interior design involves the use of walls, windows, doors, floors, finishes, textures, furnishings and light to engage with people in the design of 3 dimensional spaces according to the anticipated behavioural activities and intended psychological experience of the user.
Interior designers work on interior spaces for a range of building types including hospitality environments such as hotels, bars and restaurants, institutional spaces such as schools, cooperate spaces and hospitals, cultural spaces such as theatres, libraries, art galleries, commercial spaces such as retail outlets, airports and private residence.
Interior designers may perform the following tasks:
- determining the requirements and limitations of the design brief through consultation with clients and stakeholders
- researching and analysing spatial, functional, efficiency, safety and aesthetic requirements
- collaborating with architects, engineers, and other consultants to determine service requirements
- formulating design concepts for building interiors
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations and plans to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, including planning for future growth and new technologies
- selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, furniture and products for interiors
- detailing and documenting selected design for construction
- supervising the construction of interiors