Multimedia Designer / Web Designer» search for more Jobs
Multimedia designers generate and manipulate graphics, images, animations, sound, text and video to develop and prepare information for digital publication. Multimedia designers have a particular emphasis on clarity of information and appropriate style suited to the intended audience. They may work on digital publication for various applications including internet-based, interactive training, data presentations and information kiosks, CD-ROMs, entertainment and educational products, and multimedia presentations.
The immense volume of visual material produced means that the areas of employment open to multimedia designers are very broad. There are many opportunities for employment in companies that have a constant digital requirement as wells as a huge scope of businesses and organisations requiring services of self employed multimedia designers for occasional needs.
Multimedia designers may perform the following tasks:
- talk with clients to see what is required
- investigate, analyse and recommend appropriate equipment and software to achieve the clients' objectives
- prepare flow diagrams and storyboards to outline the product concept
- prepare digital graphics, animations, sound, video, photographs and images for editing
- prepare design concepts
- prepare overall presentation and individual layouts
- resolve navigation methodology that will enable the user to access digital media
- talk with related graphics, production and engineering experts
- manage the development and implementation of multimedia products.