Multimedia Specialist» search for more Jobs
Multimedia specialists are designers who combine their design and technical knowledge to create information and communication technology (ICT) based products. Multimedia Specialists are involved in the creation of computer animation, audio, video and graphic image files for multimedia presentations, games, motion pictures, CD-ROMs, information kiosks and various areas on the web. In addition, a multimedia specialist can plan, produce and maintain web sites and web applications using web programming, scripting, content management and file transfer software.
Here are a few examples of tasks involved in the work of a multimedia specialist:
- analysing, designing and developing Internet sites applying a mixture of artistry and creativity with software programming and scripting languages and interfacing with operating environments
- designing and developing digital animations, imaging, presentations, games, audio and video clips, and Internet applications using multimedia software, tools and utilities, interactive graphics and programming languages
- communicating with network specialists regarding web-related issues, such as security and hosting web sites, to control and enforce Internet and web server security, space allocation, user access, business continuity, web site backup and disaster recovery
- designing, developing and integrating computer code with other specialised inputs, such as image files, audio files and scripting languages, to produce, maintain and support web sites
- assisting in analysing, specifying and developing Internet strategies, web-based methodologies and development plans