Museum Visitor Services Coordinator» search for more Jobs
Museum visitor service coordinators ensure that visitors engage with the museum and that their needs are met in all areas of museum programs and operations. They may do this through:
- Contributing to and implementing the marketing and education policies of the museum
- Conducting formal evaluation of interpretation materials including web based information
- Monitoring and evaluating museum operations and their impact on visitors
- Initiating, managing and reviewing programs which link the museum and the wider community
- Managing front-of-house staff, including bookings, admissions and enquiry desk staff
These duties may differ depending on museum size and type as well as the expertise of the visitor services coordinator. While there is no specific educational route to this profession, studies in the liberal arts prepares graduates with the necessary written and verbal communication skills, ability to think critically and analytically and depending of major choice, discipline specific knowledge.