Applying for Open Foundation
Applications for the Intensive Open Foundation program open on 1 May 2013. Applications will close on Friday 28 June.
How do I apply?
Click here to login to the Online Direct Admissions site and apply for Open Foundation.
If you have previously logged in to this system and are returning to complete your application, click here to login again.
General Instructions for Applying
- You must nominate an email address to complete this online application.
- The first page is to set you up as a user of this online system. After you have registered your email and password you will be redirected to a Login screen. Login here to apply for Open Foundation.
- You must complete your online application using upper and lower case letters for your name and address details, e.g. Jane Anne Smith, 34 Brown Street, Wallsend.
- When you are entering your name you must enter your full name as it appears on formal documentation (eg. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate or Passport).
- The Terms and Conditions of enrolment with Foundation Studies can be found here.
- A visual guide to the Online Application process is available here.
If you are required to send in documentation please print out a copy of your Application Summary and attach it. This ensures that we match up the documentation with the correct application.
- All documentation must be verified either by a Justice of the Peace or at the University campus.
- If you have previously applied to study or undertaken study at the University of Newcastle and have since changed your name you must send in a University of Newcastle Name Change Advice Form and appropriate documentation.
- If you were not born in Australia (or New Zealand if you are applying as a New Zealand Citizen) you must provide proof of your citizenship/residency status. If your Citizenship/Residency documentation is in a previous name you must also provide proof of your name change (eg Marriage Certificate).
- Don't forget to attach your Application Summary if you are required to send in documentation.
What happens after I apply?
Applicants will receive an automatic email response. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within 48 hours. If you are successful in gaining a place in Open Foundation, we will send you an offer by email 3-4 weeks prior to the beginning of the semester.
This email will contain details of how to:
- set up your student computer access, and
- enrol in your courses online,
- obtain your student card,
- purchase your textbooks,
- be ready to start your studies.
For more information about what happens next, see the Commencing Students page.
We would also encourage you to consider enrolling in a Bridging Course before commencing Open Foundation.
Want to review? Back to Selecting your courses.