Teaching Spaces Support
The Teaching Spaces Support (TSS) team provides a range of services to support teaching and learning at the University of Newcastle.
TSS provides technical help, system design advice, project planning assistance and practical support for teaching technologies to faculties and schools across the University's learning environments.This includes:
- Video-conferencing facilities at the University
- Teaching technology equipment in classrooms and lecture theatres
TSS also provides an advisory service for University staff who may need to purchase teaching technology or equipment.
Callaghan: 8am- 9:15 pm Monday to Friday during semester teaching time.
(Until 4:30pm out of semester)
Ourimbah: 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday during semester teaching time.
(Until 3:30pm out of semester)
Need some tech support? Contact us
p: 4921 5579
Lecture theatres all have phones with a TSS Hotline button. If you need to report a problem or get help, press the TSS Hotline button for immediate assistance.
If an issue arises out of TSS business hours or you are unable to contact the TSS team, the IT Service Desk is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm during semester time. Call ext 17000. Non-urgent requests or messages can be left at any time on the IT Service Portal.
If you need specific software installed in a lecture theatre, please log a request via the Service Portal or call ext 17000. Ensure you have or obtain the program from an appropriate source and have a copy of any relevant licensing information.
Booking your video conference.
- Book the venue via the Scientia Room Booking system.
- Complete the Video Conference Booking Form.
- You should receive an email to confirm your booking. If you need to cancel a scheduled booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
For more information, email us or call 4921 5579.