The Equity and Diversity Unit's Aim High Project Team seeks to challenge social exclusion by supporting positive change through education.
The University of Newcastle is committed to being responsive to the local community and as such the Aim High Project Team will:
- Have early direct intervention with young people, their families and the community.
- Develop and implement flexible programs that are consultative of the community.
- Maintain a commitment to improve educational outcomes for the community.
- Be involved in the direct professional development of teachers.
- Facilitate capacity building with internal UoN stakeholders.
- Meet the Commonwealth agenda regarding the access participation and retention of students from equity targeted groups including: students with disabilities, students identifying as Indigenous, students from rural or isolated areas, students from non-English speaking backgrounds and students from a low SES background.
- Improve the outcomes of Hunter residents regarding the transition to and retention within higher education.