Safety in Research and Teaching
Before commencing research or teaching activities the University requires all research applications and undergraduate practical teaching activities to undertake hazard assessment. Where this identifies a risk, the documentation should be forwarded to the Head of School or their delegate for assessment. In situations where there is a high risk, these are forwarded to the Health and Safety Team for review.
Some activities require safety clearance from the Health and Safety Team prior to the activity commencing. In order to provide safety clearance, the activity risk and controls are reviewed by a technical specialist on the area of activity. This is managed by the Health and Safety Team.
The University has a number of technical committees that provide support and assessments in their field of expertise.
Application forms for safety clearances are available from this link.
- Chemical Management Procedure
- Chemical Purchasing, Handling & Disposal
- Clothing & Protective Equipment Procedure
- Genetically Modified Organisms
- Lab Animal Allergy Information Sheet
- Lab Animal Allergy Self-Assessment Questionnaire