Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds: staff well on their way to Summer
Ten eager staff members are willing for Summer more than most...
They are part of a pilot well-being program designed to teach them the types of exercises that will complement their lifestyles and get them feeling good both physically and mentally for the summer season - which is just around the corner!
Committed to healthy lifestyle options
NUsport and the University are committed to providing healthy lifestyle options for staff of the University. NUsport in collaboration with the Health and Safety team have selected 10 staff participants to trial a newly refurbished personal training facility on the Callaghan campus.
Participants include professional and academic staff from a range of backgrounds. The program incorporates meeting with a personal trainer three times a week.
The program is set for the next 8 weeks and The Forum personal trainers will track fitness levels and improvements made over this time.
- Adam Masterson (Facilities Management)
- Michael Sargent (Information Technology)
- George Hyde (School of Design, Communication and IT)
- Mick Winterton (Facilities Management)
- Kim Buman (School of Health Sciences)
- Clare Nader (Facilities Management)
- Helen Warren-Forward (School of Health Sciences)
- Bronwyn Bloxham (Faculty of Science and Information Technology)
- John Tessier (School of Health Sciences)
- Yolanda Surjan (School of Health Sciences)
Follow their Blogs!
Participants are asked to keep a blog of their experience to inspire the University staff community and get them excited about their health and wellness. Read their blog here!
The Health and Safety team aim to promote the pilot to potential researchers for future programs.