Performance Development Framework
The PDF aims to align an individual or a team’s endeavours with the University’s strategic direction providing a link between performance of the University and the effectiveness and career development of each staff member. It operates across all areas of the University and supports existing policies and processes.
The framework involves confidential discussions between staff members and their PDF Supervisor to mutually develop a Performance and Development Plan, which includes:
- setting expectations
- clarifying roles, duties and responsibilities
- planning and performance goal setting
- identification and facilitation of individual staff development to maintain skills and enhance career development
- preparation for Academic Promotion
- reviewing performance and recognising achievements/strategising solutions
- resolution of performance concerns.
Performance and Development Plans are formulated on an annual basis in the context of organisational plans, relevant classification descriptors, and resource requirements of the relevant workgroup, thereby building the broader University framework of workforce planning and development.