The University has implemented electronic submission and approval of timesheets for all staff via our HRonline system. The use of HRonline is the University's preferred method of timesheet processing as it allows staff to follow the progress of approval by supervisors and enables faster payments than paper forms.
HRonline is a web-based system that can be accessed at any time of day or night, either on or off campus. The system is available for use by all University staff including full-time/part-time ongoing, contract, casual and conjoint.
HRonline is easy to use and enables staff to:
- submit/approve timesheets,
- view employment information relating to your position/s at the University,
- view payslips, payroll deductions and payment summaries, and
- view much more.
How do I access HRonline?
The HRonline system is available at https://hronline.newcastle.edu.au
Prerequisites for Using HRonline
Before you can use HRonline, you must have accepted the terms and conditions for computing use, and activated your email account. Instruction for this can be found at http://www.newcastle.edu.au/unit/it/account/index.html
Logging into HRonline for the First Time
Once you have your staff computer account and staff email address established, you are then ready to start using HRonline. Before you can log into HRonline, you must obtain your initial HRonline password.
Follow the steps below to obtain your HRonline password and log into HRonline:
- Click http://onlineservices.newcastle.edu.au/accounts/hronline.cfm
- Enter your Username (Uni-ID) and Password (This is the same as your Internet access Username and Password.) If you don't know your Username and Password, select "Don't know your user name and password?" and follow the prompts.
- Check the correct email address is displayed. If correct, select the Continue button.
- Click the Reset Password button.
- Retrieve the email message and use the Password provided to log into HRonline at https://hronline.newcastle.edu.au
If you need help, please contact the IT Service Desk on extension 17000, 4921 7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org