Indigenous Australian Cultural Experience Trip
This exciting new course introduces students to a range of unique traditional and contemporary Indigenous Australian cultures across NSW, SA, NT and Qld in remote, urban, rural and regional environments. Students through an extensive field study of 21 days will acquire a practical insight into the experiences of Indigenous Australian peoples in a broad range of their living environments, socio-economic circumstances, cultural maintenance, community industries and will be able to integrate the knowledge gained into a range of educational disciplines.
Detailed course information can be found at ABOR1902 Indigenous Australian Cultural Experience.
THIS COURSE AND TRIP UNAVAILABLE IN 2013 DUE TO LACK OF NUMBERS
To be part of this exciting adventure students must first be enrolled in the course. Please note that because of its intimate relationship and first hand exposure to Indigenous Australian peoples and cultures students must have completed ABOR1110 - Introduction to Aboriginal Studies or equivalent.
Approximate cost of trip is $2,750.00 AUD
- air-conditioned coach
- 3 meals per day
- camping fees
- group medical kit
- entrance to attractions and places of cultural significance
- sleeping bag - it can get very cold so invest in a good one
- comfortable walking shoes
- comfortable clothing to suit conditions (see detailed trip notes)
- personal toiletries/medications
- to assist with the preparation of meals in the portable kitchen
- to purchase snacks/beverages not included in breakfast, lunch or dinner